Old 06-23-06, 12:09 PM
gpelpel

Bikes: Time RXRS, Specialized Stumpjumper FSR

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by donrhummy
Here's the thing: the article says that Frankie's wife says that Lance's doctor was preparing his post-cancer treatment regimen and needed to know if he'd taken any drugs in the past and Lance said, yes, i took X,Y,Z. Now seriously, does anyone here think Lance is having that conversation with his doctor with Frankie's WIFE in the room, let alone Frankie?!! That's a private patient/doctor conversation that at most has Lance and his mom in that room. Please.
That's also what doesn't click for me. I do not think a doctor would ask or have such a conversation with a patient unless in total privacy. I even don't think his mom would be allowed. It just doesn't make sense unless the phrase was part of social/unformal first contact conversation with the intent to "break the ice". Such a response from LA could then be a joke. Now Andreu's wife is not lying. But the article doesn't mention anything about the context of the conversation. Was it a serious one or an ice breaker one? You sell papers by using catch phrases and putting doubt in readers' minds not by detailing the whole truth. That's the same game played by politicians and lawyers; word games.