View Single Post
Old 06-23-06, 09:37 PM
jlynn74

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by (Y(L|S+
jlynn, you'll find that there are plenty of snobs on these forums. Some people don't even acknowledge that someone is a cyclist unless they have a $5000+ bike, ride 200+ mi. per week, wear Assos clothing, race, etc., etc. But there are many here that will give you good advice and are generally helpful. I also looked at Motobecanes when I was in the market for a new bike but the longer I lurked the forums, the more I was affraid to buy a Moto. It may have been a perfectly good bike but there is no other brand that polarizes opinions more than Motobecane. It's a 'love it or hate it' thing. But there were to many 'hate it' opionions for me to comfortable purchase a bike that I can not test ride or see in person. So, as with anything on the internet, caveat emptor. You are gambling with your money with any purchase but the odds are less in your favor online.

This advice also goes out to the OP also. Good luck in your shopping and I hope you both have a satisfying purchase.
Thanks. on this line: "But there were to many 'hate it' opionions for me to comfortable purchase a bike that I can not test ride or see in person"

does this mean thats moto's are a brand that is sold in a bike shop? I only ask because I was hoping to "online reaerch, see /ride in person, then purchase online again....

Is Moto, just another "walmart" brand? I wish I were on my own thread here since I gave alot more info on my needs in my original thread, but I am trying to be somewhat knowledgable. I don't need expensive/expert level bike. Honesly, I'm looking for a decent new bike. One I don't have to wrry about getting stolen, a used bike that is price inflated and will break down, or an over-priced/ over-suitable bike for myself. I don't need a whole lot. Maybe I belong in the walmart consumer brand, but I don't want to pay 150+ for a moto if its comparable to a walmart brand in use/price.

Appreciatation,