Little Darwin
The Improbable Bulk

Bikes: Many

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by mcavana
unfortunately i think there is simply no substitute for a hemet mounted mirror. Have you considered one?
Just in case the one time I tried I didn't give it enough time... That was well over 20 years ago

My vision is somewhat impaired in my left eye, and I have little more than peripheral vision. Has anyone used a helmet mounted mirror with similar issues?

My right eye is fine, is the angle of vision to the rear good enough that riding on the right side of the lane I could effectively use it on the right side of the helmet?

By the way, in my opinion, whether in a car or on a bike, one should NEVER trust their mirror so much that they don't glane to the side before moving over or turning... even a helmet mirror.

Also, once in a while when I am in a small car, I find myself having to shift my head to see everything in front of me ecause the rear view mirror obstructs part of my view. How is this with a helmet mounted mirror?

Also, is the vertical field of vision good enough to work well whether on the flats or in the drops?

Sitting here "experimenting" with a CD in place of a mirror, I think I might try them again. I could probably see well enough to know there is a car there, just not well enough to read the license plate or tell the model...

Is it pretty easy to get the mounting point right?

People do not seem to realize that their opinion of the world is also a confession of character.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson