Thread: Toronto Fixed
View Single Post
Old 06-25-06, 07:56 PM
Kaibot
faster and dangerer

Bikes: Benotto w/Chorus and stunty parts, Giant ranier w/XT, Rossin Fixie w/campy, stronglight, ambrosio

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mitch and I did pretty well on the hairshirt.

Mitch and I came there with a group of guys but I ended up dropping them all for a while.

There were probably about 35 riders this year.

We all were riding together as a pack for the first while, except for about 5 riders who went full tilt right away.

As the ride went on people were getting dropped, mostly on the climbs, which were pretty tiny, but we still had a nice pack going.

A second break away happened and I just let it be for a while until I wanted to go faster and went alone to try and catch it.

I caught up, but it was only a few minutes before the group joined back together, about 10 people.

I was setting the pace for a long time, some guys could only hold the front for a minute or two, but I was up there for ever and didn't get very tired at all.

After a bit I'd drop back and let another guy lead but then the pack started slowing down, so I'd wait a few minutes and go back you the front.

I just felt really good today, legs didn't feel like they were ever gonna cramp.

My shoulders and neck started hurting after a while but that was just because of how I was sitting, my knees are feeling a bit sore now and I have a nice sunburn.

For the last 120km or so Mitch and I ended joining up and were riding with three other guys, who we finished with.

We were the second pack to finish, I am not exactly sure when the leaders finished, but we caught up to them a few times towards the end so they must not have finished to much earlier.

Took us 11hours and 40minutes, I was happy. Averaged about 30km/h with stops

The wind was brutal, especially on the way back.