Thread: Toronto Fixed
View Single Post
Old 06-26-06, 01:41 PM
jeremywhitehorn
In Velo Veritas

Bikes: Menonite black urbanite, probably enough spare parts to make anther one.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TRaffic Jammer
Yea the construction would lead to this possiblity. Luckily I don't walk much with my shoes (unlike when messing), so they stay in pretty good shape for much longer. I swear it's quilted silver :gag:, I gotta see them again. I liked the Times for 139$, but not alot of footing for when I do have to take to a step.

I was in one shop and the guy's tellin me how I simply HAVE to have a pair of riding shoes for summer and winter, and I'm 'Dude what planet do you live on, you're tryin' to sell me shoes that cost half what I paid for my bike.'

Must be nice.
while having a pair of purpose-built winter cycling shoes would be nice they are in no way nessesary. just buy a 1/2 size bigger and wear bigger/thicker socks and little plastic baggies when it gets really cold and wet. add thicker insoles in the summer to take up the extra room. voila!

oh and operator is right, sidis are a good choice if you can find them on sale.

EDIT: in my opinion, Specialized shoes are great value. similar in construction to sidis and the higher-end ones but much less. just ditch those "body-geometry" insoles they come with. they're meant to me "ergonomic" but they just give me cramps.