View Single Post
Old 06-27-06, 05:26 PM
o-dog

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
YESTERDAY:
maybe it was a case of the Mondays but I was really slow coming in. the ground was wet but no rain. I packed the rain gear just in case I couldn't beat it home. temps in the 70's and really muggy. the ride back was to my parents' house and was relatively fast. it started to rain as I was about to leave so I locked my bike back up, changed into my rain gear inside then came back outside to find the sun had come out. oh well. the heavy rains held off until 3:00 and I was long off the road by then. the jacket came off halfway through the ride back, didn't have that luxury with the pants. first time wearing those rain pants actually (Novara Express), pretty comfortable as far as pants go when worn in 75 degrees with 95% humidity.

TODAY:
pretty fast ride in from my parents house. temps were pretty much the same as yesterday. wore the rain pants and packed the jacket. first commute without padded shorts in a while... I've really grown used to having them and it felt kind of rough without them today (even though I didn't even start wearing padded shorts until the weather warmed up). nothing but the padded shorts from now on for sure. good ride in other than that.

teacher didn't show up today so I went on the computer for a little bit then left and hammered home along the most direct route possible, beating the rain. the ride back was fast and good.