Old 06-27-06, 07:04 PM
bmclaughlin807
Crankenstein

Bikes: Novara Randonee (TankerBelle)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
I don't run lights. Period. If I have to go up and hit the crosswalk button because the sensor is misadjusted, that's what I do.

I signal when I do anything that would affect motorists (mainly only left turns)

And yes, sometimes drivers are aggressive. Sometimes they're just stupid. The majority of the time, and the majority of the drivers are just trying to get from point A to point B just like I am, and give me the leeway and respect I deserve as a lawful user of the road.

The remainder generally wilt as soon as you confront them, though... unless you're slightly insane and suicidal like me, that's not usually the best answer. When you chase a car 2 miles and scream at the guy in a parking lot, generally you just get a sheepish 'Sorry' (Yes, I've done this. Recently.)

Threaten them with getting their nice, shiny SUV (that they really can't afford) impounded, and generally they can't wait to get as far away from you as possible.

Personally, if it was me they were tailgating in a lane they're not supposed to be in, I'd slow down and stop. But, like I said... I'm slightly insane and maybe a little suicidal.

Anyone wanna go for a ride?
"There is no greater wonder than the way the face and character of a woman fit so perfectly in a man's mind, and stay there, and he could never tell you why. It just seems it was the thing he most wanted." Robert Louis Stevenson