Old 06-27-06, 10:52 PM
BayBruin

Bikes: Trek Portland & Trek 830 Antelope Mountain bike (with slicks) circa 1991

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Today was not a great day for me on the commute. On the way home I:

1) Almost have a car hit me in a cross walk....I slowed down because I saw that the car wasn't. Apparently being nearly half way out in the intersection when they are 20 yards away isn't enough warning for this lame-O.

2) I am coming up on a slower rider on the Iron Horse trail and he starts climbing a bike path bridge over a busy street. I kick it up a gear, get out of the saddle...stay to the left of him, call out "on your left!" and he doesn't really move over much but I get by him without much hassle...then when I am about 20 feet in front of him he screams out something unintelligible (thought he had terrets (sp)), I turn my head to see what the heck is eating him...and he looks agitated but he isn't saying anything. I yell back to him, "I Called out 'On Your Left!'" He doesn't say anything. Then I am waiting at a light and it just turns green, he comes by me really close and I don't see him, then he screams at the top of his lungs as he passes me "LLLLLLLEEEEEEFFFFFFTTTTT!!!!" I asked what his @#$#ing problem was and that I signaled when I went by....he just smirked and took off in another direction.

3) I'm cruising in the bike lane and this woman in a BMW SUV drives by me, quickly moves right into the bike lane without a signal, and stops in the bike lane 10 feet in front of me. I thought..."She'll keep moving...there is no reason for her to stop there." But she parked...because there was a mailbox on the sidewalk and she was too lazy to pull into the parking lot on the other side of the mailbox. Nor was she considerate enough to think...maybe I should wait 5 seconds for this bike rider to move past the mailbox so that I can pull in safely behind him. I was moving pretty good so I had to veer out into the road to avoid hitting her. She acted like she was totally oblivious that she cut me off and almost had me running up her arse.

Strange commute day for me.