Old 06-28-06, 06:43 AM
DLH

Bikes: 2006 Motobecane Le Champion SL, Raliegh SP200, Trek 830

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
What would you do?

Set Back!!! Yesterday, I took the the 1984 Trek rebuild to a LBS to have the bottom bracket installed. The BB installation went well and then the tech put on the cranks on and suggested that I get a better chain then the Nashbar one I bought. I decided to pay the $15 for a SRAM chain and let him put it on and adjust the shifting. Everything looked great on the stand and I even found a pair of nice Specialized road shoes in my sons size 13.5. I took the bike back to work with me and then when I got home after work I took it for a test ride around the block. As I was cruising along around 18mph I started going through the gears and the stop for the rear derauiler must not have been set correct and the chain jumped between the cassette and the spokes. The derauiler and the chain snapped four spokes, bent several others, scratched up the hub flange badly and locked up the wheel. Luckily it did not cause me to crash as I was not wearing my helmet. I plan on taking it back to the shop today and see what their response is, I feel like they need to fix the wheel free of charge, what do you think?