View Single Post
Old 06-28-06, 09:38 AM
TallRider

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 10 Posts
Given your initial description of the situation, I'm not sure the shop is at fault, unless part of the deal was that they adjust your rear derailler. SRAM makes good chains, although most chains that are the right size will work fine, and the Nashbar chain probably would have been fine.
That said, do you have any reason to think that what happened with your chain would *not* have happened with the Nashbar chain?

As I see it, there are two likely causes:
  • the rear derailler is adjusted poorly, in its indexing and in the setting of the limit screw that keeps the der from shifting over too far into the spokes
  • your rear sprockets are worn, and when you put a new chain on worn sprockets, bad things happen. Kind of like new wine in old wineskins.

Okay, I saw that the shop did derailler adjustment.
What happened to you may or may not be the fault of the shop, and it's probably one of those weird situations that will never be completely determined. That said, since the shop had just adjusted things for you and installed the new chain, I would expect them to at least replace the spokes for you and true the wheel. I wouldn't expect a new wheel though.