View Single Post
Old 06-29-06, 04:59 PM
Coyote!

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Cheap guy content, I promise!

Back in the early 90s, I had a Service Director who misbehaved to the extent that the Powers decided to bring in the Inspectors General to have a look-see. [I had my right hand in the air more than Miss America that year.] Anyway, after the subsequent Fall of the Mighty the Powers determined that all us innocents [OH, the irony!] were due a pittance. . .mostly I suspect for not bringing up the fact that they should have canned his ass sooner. . .but I digress. The pittance amounted to about $350 Amerikanish and I hied me hither to some not-so-LBSs and finally saw a previous year TREK 930 with a REAL BAD paint scheme**. It fit like a glove; $300 took it away. Over the years it has served me through 'better' bikes, thefts, survived end-overs, fall-overs, and the worst spill I ever had [really shattered me halyards and stove me ribs]. Cheap and although not the 'best' rig I own[ed], still a hoot to ride and a joy to maintain. Moves the Earth under me like a Percheron plow horse.

True story.

** TREK had a paint scheme for a while that was a 'day-glo' blue with thin black strings gerschmattered. Hated the paint then. . .love it now. Wish I could find that blue in a rattle-can.