Old 07-01-06, 04:33 PM
So Cal commuter
RIP Gonzo

Bikes: 2001 Novara Randonee, 1991 Trek 8000

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
...CRAIGSLIST in your area...you got cash, right? You can get 3 times the bike you want for your price range...250 to 300 will get you a quality product and have money left over....also, check to see whats included in the bike if theyre selling it...they may throw in the lights and the lock for 10 bucks or something...Try to look for a hard tail, NO front suspension MTB(that's mountain bike), go to your bike shop and pick up the skinniest, hardest, smoothest tires that fit on the rims....this will give you a VERY versitale bike for cheap. I ride a touring bike, but I also do 125 miles a week commuting. If youre on or around campus mostly, this is the way I would go...and platform pedals if your longest ride will be less than 5 miles. Great for the stop and go, dont have to worry about what shoes youre wearing or none of that stuff...going over 5 miles at a time, you may want to think about clips(straps)....theyre like 20 bucks for the set and you can use them with about any shoe, though I prefer indoor soccer shoes(sambas).