poopncow
MADE IN HONG KONG

Bikes: some but not enough

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ray Dockrey
I can move mine by hand. The only time I have to adjust them is when I have to remove the wheel. They will get bumped and I just move them back into position.
I was tired of having to re-adjust after transporting in the car. So for old time sake, I slipped on one of those oldie problem solver star washers... and the problem was solved, wouldn't you know it

re: O.P. question, some adjuster screws have a dab of thread lock on them to keep them from un-adjusting. Others rely on the force from the brake caliper spring to keep the screw loaded which will resist the rotation.

re: hex wrenches, a good quality wrench makes a world of difference. When the screwhead and the wrench make good mating contact, round off is minimized. Also, the ball end wrenchs are NOT for torquing stuff down. using a ball end to tighten or loosen something increases the chance of rounding the heads. When the application requires it, I will cut a hex key down (to make a stubby) instead of trying to tighten something w a ball wrench from an odd angle .

Good Luck !