Old 07-03-06, 10:38 AM
mx_599
Lost in the Black Hills

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Flak
Anyone else noticed a significant down turn in activity in this forum recently? Not only do we have a reduced number of threads, but the ones that are popping up are repetative and frankly, hardly worth the read most of the time. Concurrently I've noticed reduced participation from some of the more knowledgable members of the forum. In thier place I've noticed many posters that although know some stuff, are hardly the oracles of wisdom they are passing themselves off as.

Im tired of people that really dont know one way or another, but just regurgitate what they have heard from someone that does know. I get sick of people giving advice on components and bikes that they have never used or ridden. Classic example is gastros juicy 5 thread. "My mate said he knew a guy that had this problem" does not constitute first hand knowledge.

I hope this is just a temporary lull. Maybe everyone is just out riding, but if this current trend continues we are going to lose more and more members to the point where this forum is but a shadow of its former self.
sorry, i am guilty of the above

i can ease up.