View Single Post
Old 07-03-06, 09:45 PM
rdh

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by superwombat
Have an opportunity to buy a 2005 KHS F20-A (shown here but mislabelled as a F20-IV)

Is this a good deal, or should I get the $150 NEXT folder from WalMart?

Normally, I wouldn't consider a WalMart bike ever, but seeing as how I wouldn't be using the folder much anyway, I can't justify the cost of the KHS. (and there doesn't seem to be much of a used folder market up here)

Anyone have experience with either bike?

Of course, I'd give the NEXT a full checkover before heading out...

Also, how are folders in general for light stunting?
My 2 cents is to avoid the Walmart bike. Although I do not have experience with them, I do not have a lot of confidence in it. If you are looking for something similar in price, you could go for the Dahon Boardwalk, if it fits your needs. You might also check out the Downtubes mentioned extensively in this forum. They do sell them on ebay and you can check out the going prices for them. Both the Downtube and Boardwalk would be far superior to a Walmart bike.

I also have no experience with doing tricks, but most folders are not built as solidly as BMX bikes---they are optimized for riding and portability. Most manufacturers don't want you jumping curbs with them and will void your warranty for doing this stuff, so if you want to do it, a folder is probably not the best choice.