View Single Post
Old 07-05-06, 05:55 AM
serotta

Bikes: Serotta, kestrel, Raleigh, Cannondale, Proflex, Santana tandem, Santana Stylus (single), Trek, Schwinn, Azuki, Scattante (fixed)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 21 Times in 16 Posts
DG, It all boils down to what makes you happy and when you want to enhance that happiness. You enjoy riding, regardless of which bike, you enjoy doing it. If the bike you test rode gives you a different perspective on riding, then by all means buy the bike. You will find as you progress through your obsession, this will not be the last bike you buy. I now have carbon, steel, titanium, aluminum, and scandium. I enjoy riding each and every one of them. Do I need them all? Absolutely not! BUT, it is my hobby, I derive hours of exercise a week from them, and they give me great enjoyment. Don't buy the bike thinking this is the ultimate bike for your needs. Your perspective changes and so will your buying needs. If you try to justify the affordability, you may never buy another bike. It gives you pleasure, it gives you a means of exercise, it gives you a pathway to a healthier lifestyle, it gives you a means of sharing with your children and friends. Priceless!