View Single Post
Old 07-05-06, 12:41 PM
OrionKhan

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LemondRider
I'm just getting into road riding. When I went to the local store I was looking for an Allez Comp. The salesman suggested a Cannondale R1000 2004 model. It is a really nice lookng (black) and riding bike. The orginal price was 2700 (Canadian) It was on sale for 2200 and he said he would give it to me for 2000 because that was the price of the allez comp. it is a perfect fit. All prices noted are in Canadian dollars. What does anyone think?
Sounds like you like the R1000 and you want validation for your choice. Sounds good to me. I think the most important factor in a bike for a newbie is that he loves it. That means it fits right and likes the way it looks. Buy it and ride the hell out of it. Then start lusting for carbon, titanium, record, dura ace,....

Oh and since its a '04 model, try to tweak on the price some more. They probably really want to get rid of it. If he won't go down on the price, try to get him to throw is some stuff like helmet, pedals, shoes, gloves, seat bag, spare tube, patch kit, mini pump, cycling shorts, etc...