View Single Post
Old 09-21-01, 09:23 AM
a2psyklnut

Bikes: Lots

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I've swallowed my share of bugs, just two nights ago was the latest meal. I took my dog out for a ride. (She likes to steer, while I pedal). Whump, right in the back of my mouth, didn't have time to react, just swallowed,...yuck!

Hey, what the last thing a bug sees the instant it hits your windshield?....It's butt!

Bugs are nasty, but there is nothing worse than being the first one out on the trail and having to ride through all the spider webs. Down here we have these large agressive spiders (about the size of a small hand) we call them Banana Spiders. They're yellow and black and have a nasty sting. They build these huge webs across open areas to catch bugs. There is nothing that freaks me out more that cruising along at a pretty good clip and coming face to face(do spiders have faces?) with one of these.

It does get pretty funny sometimes though. Everyone knows exactly whats happening when you're riding with some friends and the first guy skids to a stop, jumps of his bike, rips off his helmet and starts slapping his own head. We call it the spider dance! It's really funny to watch, not so funny to do!:dance:
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "WOW, What a Ride!" - unknown
"Your Bike Sucks" - Sky Yaeger