I-Like-To-Bike
Been Around Awhile

Bikes: Vaterland and Ragazzi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 1,536 Times in 1,045 Posts
Originally Posted by Monoborracho
Try the Brooks B-67. Its a great saddle with a wider seat.

I use a Serfas RX split saddle on my MTB for less than 20 or so miles, but if I take it on a long day tour I switch out the seats to the B-67.

For what it's worth, I had periodic back pain until I bought an Aeron office chair about 8 years ago. The pain went away within a week, and the chair is one of my better purchases, even though it was several hundred dollars. My point is, if you're not comfortable you are hurting yourself a little bit at a time. If you can, spend what you need to for a good saddle.
Both the B-66/B67 or B73 are excellent saddles. Pictured is the 30 year old B-66 that is on my daily commuting bike. This saddle came with the Raleigh Superbe I bought new in 1976. The B-73 is approximately 6 years old and is currently on my Schwinn Balloon Tired bike. Talk about comfort!

Also don't believe all the old wives' tales about required special treatments and/or break-in routines. I've never treated these saddles to anything but all natural sweat; they have been comfortable since day one.

The difference between the B66 and B67 is the method of attachment to the seat post. The B66 is for the traditional method of attachment, the B67 is for the micro adjusting type seat post. The difference between the B66 and B73 is nthe spring at the front of trhe B73. The shape and size of the leather is identical.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
B66-Saddle.JPG (63.0 KB, 8 views)
B66-Saddle-2.JPG (49.9 KB, 6 views)
SchwinnB73.JPG (91.1 KB, 8 views)
SchwinnCruiser.JPG (91.5 KB, 10 views)

Last edited by I-Like-To-Bike; 07-10-06 at 08:06 AM.