webist
Huachuca Rider

Bikes: Fuji CCR1, Specialized Roubaix

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by velotimbe
Nobody is car-free. That was my main intent with this original post. Yes, many of you can look outside and not see a car. But you get mail right? Delivered how? Oh, did you buy groceries? Hmm, how do those get to the store? This is one of the targets of Environmental Ed, to show students that groceries do NOT come from the grocery store, the typical product in the USA has travelled 1200 miles to get on the shelf, and the average USA meal has traveled around 9000 miles. So if you eat in the USA, you are not car-free......
I'm certain that many of the folks you are attempting to reach with this post actually ride "Organic" bicycles as well.

I dont feel that many of you truly care, you are simply "car-free" for the social status that lends you at work, here on this forum, etc. ......
Or, perhaps self-righteously boasting about a circumstance they can't actually change. Take me for example. I purchased a late model SUV which had a previous owner. I did so, of course, because I didn't want the barons of detroit to use up additional resources to produce a new one for me.