Old 07-13-06, 04:29 PM
gokiburi

Bikes: sannino track, nishiki olympic conversion

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Shiznaz
well, to defend the adhesive backing: My girlfriend locked her pinarello to one of those big garbage cans last week but decided that she didn't want garbage getting near her bike so it was sticking out into the street instead. Somebody drove into it (big surprise) and the rear wheel got out of true, some bad scracthes on the frame, damanged brake cables and the bar tape on one side of the bars had been cut in half and unfurled everywhere.
bad luck...i hope the car sustained as much damage. someone had locked their red track bike (italian i think) to one of those combo trash/bottle/newspaper silver bins at the NW corner of spadina and adelaide a few years ago. i swear i saw it every time i went to lunch in that area. it was locked behind the bin, parallel to the street. i just thought it was odd to see a bike that nice locked up to such a high traffic area. it prevents theft but probably not dings and scratches i only remember because it was such a nice bike but for the life of me, i can't remember the name.