Old 07-14-06, 01:02 PM
bmclaughlin807
Crankenstein

Bikes: Novara Randonee (TankerBelle)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Actually, I'd consider her more car-light than not... Something like 50% of car trips in this country are less than two miles. If EVERYONE used a bike for trips like that, we'd use a ton less petroleum and clean up the air a lot.

And once you hit the two mile mark, there's nothing really keeping you from going farther on the bike, other than just a personal feeling of "it's too far" (I've found that that set 'too far' distance keeps growing, as you become more used to reaching for the bike lock rather than the car keys)

I rode 8 miles from work to a new bike shop yesterday evening, and then rode 8 miles from there to my house. (Nearly doubling my normal 8.5 mile commute) I just wanted to try them and see how they were!

My wife used to consider 1/4 mile 'too far' to walk someplace... weekend before last we walked 3 miles, and the only issue was that she got a sunburn because she didn't wear sunblock (we misjudged the distance from the bus stop to where we were going!)
"There is no greater wonder than the way the face and character of a woman fit so perfectly in a man's mind, and stay there, and he could never tell you why. It just seems it was the thing he most wanted." Robert Louis Stevenson