View Single Post
Old 07-20-03, 11:14 AM
moabrider47
I ride a REAL Schwinn!

Bikes: Lemond Nevada City (stock), '00 Schwinn Moab 3 (very upgraded)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Maelstrom,

I agree with you. This guy wanted to "bring freeriding to the masses," but he's got to understand that there are effective and detrimental ways to bring people's attention to the sport. I'm sure that this stunt didn't change anyone's negative opinion about freeriders to a postive one. His comment about putting only himself at danger was rediculous. He estimated he jumped over about 15 riders. What if he had screwed up off the jump and gone right over into the riders? I know he's got experience in jumping, but you never know. What if he didn't make the landing and came into the road? There are team cars that follow the riders. I didn't see a video of the jump, so I don't know what the take -off and landing looked like.

Using the popular definition of "freerider," I wouldn't consider myself one. I ride and race XC and do some training on the road bike. I know that there are responsible "freeriders" out there and respect their rights to use the trails, but this guy certainly didn't do anything to help his cause.

-Moab