Old 07-16-06, 02:49 AM
wattsy_rules

Bikes: Trek 5200 and 8000

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bbw
Alright, I deserve a bit of a spank for being clueless, but sometimes ignorance of current affairs is bliss. How long has Israel been at war with Lebanon? And what do those ****wits think they stand to gain by bombing yet another country's suburbs? As usual, our government's silence is deafening.
This is a very complex subject and needs about a week to fully describe it. The short version is that the Islamic religion was bourne from Judaisms a few hundred years back because Mohamed felt that Judaism wasn't 'strict' enough for him. His teachings went further and became a faith, in cases where fundamentalists not only honour their own religion but scourne others...especially Judaism.

The fact that Islam was bourne from Judaism means that Jeruselum is sacred to both religions. Now, Isreal (full of Jews) owns Jerusalem and all Muslims hate them for this. The Muslim fundamentalists have therefor carried out a 'holy war' against Israel for the last however many years (not sure how long), which has been fought by primarily suicide bombings. Israel in retaliation has created a 'safe zone' around them by a 'big ass' wall, and then has bombed, shot, destroyed ANYONE they suspected of planning, facilitating, assisting or in any other way participating in the bombings.

The USA has 'assisted' Isreal by supplying weaponry and intelligence. Also, Israel has reportedly lot's of nukes which apparently the US has assisted in supplying the materials. You might ask why the US assists and then doesn't stop Israel from bombing. As far as I can tell, it's for 2 reasons. Firstly, the US have their own war with Fundamentalist Muslims and they don't want to 'nobble' their key allie in this war. Secondly, the Jewish community in the USA is VERY powerful, both with politic and economic influence. No one in power is going to mess with the Jews!!!

With respect to the recent attacks...this is a demonstration of absolute power by Israel. Israel is almost surrounded by Islamic States and they are showing the whole Muslim world that they are prepared to fight the Muslim community if they have to AND they have the fire power.

I don't agree with the bombardments but I wonder what we might do if we were in their position??