View Single Post
Old 07-17-06, 07:41 PM
Allen

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts
You goaded me into trying to look up the statute in Georgia, haven't found it yet but I did find this:

From GA code 40-2-86.15
...Also, in order to promote and provide for motorist and bicyclist safety and interaction education and awareness programs and media campaigns; adult and child bicycling safety training, workshops, and educational materials; assistance in forming local bicycle advisory committees; law enforcement education and implementation programs for policing by bicycle and policing to improve bicycling conditions; and 'share the road/yield to bicycles/bicyclists may use full lane' sign installations through the Governoŕs Highway Safety Program, there shall be issued beginning January 1, 2006, special license plates promoting and benefiting such efforts, which shall be known as the 'Share the Road' Motorists and Bicyclists special license plate.......For the 'Share the Road' plates, the commissioner shall design a special distinctive license plate in conjunction with the Southern Bicycle League and Bicycle Ride Across Georgia appropriate to promote the message of motorists and bicyclists safely and courteously sharing the roadway.

Though I found the reason why I have not seen one:

(c) Notwithstanding the provisions of subsection (b) of this Code section, this Code section shall not be implemented until such time as the State of Georgia has, through a licensing agreement or otherwise, received any licenses or other permissions that may be required to implement this Code section.

But it's a rider on the new NASCAR® license plate code. And you know us country boys are going to have us some NASCAR® tags.
And who knew, way to go Capital Ave.

--A