View Single Post
Old 07-18-06, 01:46 AM
filtersweep

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I usually just yell at them like a lunatic--- "Whoo Hooo! Nice car! Heeeeyyyy!!! Is that really yours!!! How much did you pay for this? Can I have one? Where did you buy it? Are you wearing a hat?"

It usually confuses people to the point they have no response.

I have given up on trying to "educate" motorists. Most are only trying to bait cyclists into an altercation, and I have a rather bad temper that can get me into trouble. There are too many psychos out there. As a pedestrian I was once crossing a street on a green with my wife when a woman about plowed us over making a right turn on a red (she had the red, BTW). I slapped her fender and she stalked us as we were walking (made a few turns to keep following us), threatened to kill me for touching her car, etc... all while she had a baby in a child seat. If my wife wasn't there, I would have dismantled her SUV with my bare hands. She even claimed that she saw us in the intersection (which I believe, because I made eye contact with her right before she about ran us over), and that we shouldn't have been crossing the street because she was turning.

Originally Posted by tomg
usual commute today, no real issues or concerns. i even rode 8 miles extra in this "heat wave".
at a stop light, a car passenger rolled the window down and stated "you need to ride on the sidewalk. it's the law". i responded with stating the nj statute 39.4 (same law, same rules) and that it's against the law to ride on the sidewalk.
he was quite(d). i followed with "have a nice day" and "be safe"!
knowledge is golden!!
anyone have simular encounters?