View Single Post
Old 07-23-03, 04:06 PM
JasBike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
my first endo!! >=)

hehe i feel like i've grown up or something...

anyway i was coming along down some singletrack at ~16mph, and at the end it drops off sharpely and to the left into some VERY rocky doubletrack type stuff, right into a stream.

it had just rained today, so everything was very slippery and some errosion had occured making the rocks bigger than usual

so i fly down around the corner as i usually do, took the drop in stride, but instead of tracking over a the rocks rocks like i'm usually able to do, my back tire slipped, throwing my line off. i tried to correct but wound up slamming into a large sharp rock. as i felt myself loosing it i unclipped and braced for impact.

*SHA-BAM*

i landed on my right shin and knee and left arm.. i managed to save my left leg. i got a nice gouge down my shin and a small hole poked in the skin over my kneecap, nothing serious. My bike was safely thrown off into the grassy riverbank.

i'm glad i landed in the stream.. it was refreshing >=)

so i stopped by my highschool to refresh myself at a water fountain around the corner from where my bike was parked, and some seniors had been running and actually started mocking me for wearing a helmet as i filled up my water bottles.

they walk around the corner and i hear them go "HOLY ****!" in response to my bike.. which was covered in mud and a little blood... so i walk around with my bleeding leg and they relized why i wear my helmet >=)

annnnyway i'm just rambling as an effect of my after-ride high.

hehe this bike is totally worth all the wasted summer days i spent working >=)

I LOVE BIKING!!!

hehe.

i've got antoher 15 miles in me... i'm going back out.