Old 07-26-06, 07:16 AM
Rockadile

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dalmore
Keep at it. You're losing weight and that's what matters. This week marks 1 year since I lost 50 pounds so it can be done. I think you are about to hit the hard part - you're going to start to get tired or bored with it. You'll not to do it one day. Then you'll miss a second day and then you'll find it's been a week since you did it ...DON'T LET THAT HAPPEN!

When you miss that first day - make sure you don't miss the second day. Life happens so you will miss some time just remember to throw that leg back over the bike and keep going no matter how long you missed. As far as boredom. Try a new trail. Run some errands on your bike. Maybe commute to work. try to set time goals - not always faster but say I'm going to get to the next rest area in exactly 20 minutes without stopping or turning around. That's harder than you think... Mix it up. ... End of pep talk. Sorry if I digressed too much.

As far as the exercise goes, 30 miles is a good ride on road or gravel. With dirt and gravel on my mountian bike, I use my upper body much more than I do on asphault. Not sure what that translates to in calories though.

No actually I think you told me exactly what I wanted to hear. I can't believe you lost 50 lbs in one year. So I get the impression you think 30 miles may be enough?