Old 07-26-06, 10:21 PM
Smoothie104
Elitist Jackass

Bikes: Cannondale 2.8, Specialized S-works E5 road, GT Talera

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Since it was the after the 3rd alpine stage, I could be anybody. The testosterone (if thats really what showed up) is used in recovery and is undetectable from the bodies own. WADA looks at the ratio between Test. and epistosterone. You can have 6:1 or under, If its higher, your red flagged. To avoid sudden spikes that would happen with injections. Athletes have switched to transdermal patches, on the skin. They put the hormone in slower, over a couple of hours. Looks like someone may have left it on too long. But to be honest, most of the riders or teams wouldnt mess with this during the tour, unless something was really at stake. You can take all the test. female hormones to mask the test, EPO etc.. a couple of weeks before, bang in some blood on the rest day etc.. Thats the standard procedure....

But actually being in possesion of anything during the tour is risky, as your room may get raided. Sounds like some last ditch effort to really help someone out who needed it. Maybe Pererio??? I a guy just trying to finish, and hoping his number wouldnt come up for random..

I mention that it could be almost anyone, because the 3rd day in the alps was make or break for a lot of people, so it was important to be ready for the misery ahead. Not just the GC Contendors, but the Green jersey contendors etc.. Evenyone needed to finish that stage as well as possible, it was the last time you could really miss the time cut etc..

Yes Floyd rode better than some expected, but so did a lot of riders, Pererio did, Boogerd did, Mazzonleni, Kessler, and Gonchar all rode extrememly well for T Mobile...

Who knows, maybe it was some domestique etc.. we will see.