View Single Post
Old 07-28-06, 01:39 PM
boomboxmike
bama still mixtapes

Bikes: A rather uncouth Cannondale H400 -hybrid.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks for sharing those pictures, Spud. Now I'll expect a photographic chronicle of any time I spend around you.

Baltimore to DC:
From South Laurel, I think the best way to DC is along Rte 201 (Baltimore Avenue/Kenilworth Avenue), turning right (west) on Greenbelt RD, then getting on the Paint Branch Trail which is part of the Anacostia Tribuitary Trail System and will take you as far south towards DC as Colmar Manor, MD, very close to the DC border and southbound road: Bladensburg RD, and the south-and-west: Rhode Island Avenue.
From Baltimore to Laurel, I'll need to study for that. Route 1 looks attractive on the map, but has 50 mile an hour stretches with no shoulders. In the perfect world, Route 1 would totally accomidate bikes, or even sidewalks. Rte 29 is highway and there are laws against bikes there. I'll look into the back roads like rte 108 to 650. Or Brock Bridge RD.

I've been looking forward to the BoogerSpud tomorrow. I have a car and a cooler. If it's needed, call me at 240 461 7026. I'm "working" till 5:30-6 and hope to meet at Hains Point by 7.

Coney's Island is such a perfect place to watch the Warriors! I'm not going, but that would be awesome. Makes me want to watch The Wanderers too! I just watched City Of God again, anyone seen it? It's a story based on true events in Brazil, my favorite gangster movie now.