Old 07-28-06, 02:20 PM
Flyingsquid

Bikes: 2003 De Rosa Dual / 2002 Trek 5200 / Time VX Special Pro / 2001 Pinarello Prince

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Thulsadoom
I have to wonder if it's true. Could the alcohol have done it?

I know for a fact that sometimes when I've had a few drinks on a friday night, after a hard work week, I have monster rides saturday morning. I recognize the face Floyd had on after the stage. Sometimes I just feel so.......intense, during and after a ride when I've had a few drinks the night before. It's almost like the alcohol triggers aggresiveness. Would that be because of a testoserone imbalance I wonder, caused by the drinks?

I've seen that many times myself. Almost feel like my dirty little secret is crawling out of the bag! I've done MANY rides in Vegas while visiting after stumbling back to my room the night before. Seems those are always my best rides (as long as I get enough sleep). My riding buddies usually head off to the buffet while I just head off to the bar. My studies have been anything but scientific, but I would say that alternating Newcastle with Jack through the night has provided rocket fuel for me the next day....