View Single Post
Old 07-28-06, 06:11 PM
ericgu

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by AnthonyG
There is NOTHING wrong with "common", traditional foods. The problems are with modern "replacement" foods so the very foods that are being promoted as "healthy" alternatives are usualy the most damaging foods.

Now with Mayo you can't buy the real thing anymore. ANY mayo out there is a modern "replacement" food using refined oils but the "Light" versions are no better and usualy worse. Making your own is the answer from cold pressed sunflower oil or extra virgin olive oil however making mayo requires some skill and technique which I'm not going to go into although I have made it myself.

Pre made salad dressing use poor quality refined oils so aren't a good choice. Use a high quality extra virgin olive oil and a good quality vinegar of your choice. Apple cider vinegar, white wine vinegar, balsamic, ect. Just a splash of vinegar and then EV olive oil to taste.

Lo cal dressings are a scam. Often its a technical scam where the oil is artificialy modified so that it can't be classified as mono, polly or saturated. Therefore its calories don't count and don't have to be listed. This frankenfood is hard to digest.

Consume real dairy only and not skim milk substitutes. The proccess of making skim milk powder oxidises the cholesterol in the milk powder and the only harmful form of cholesterol is oxidised cholesterol. So the irony here is that those who think they are consuming the healthy alternative by using skim milk are consuming a substitute that's damaging to one's health.

Real food as mother nature intended is the way to go.

Regards, Anthony
I'm rarely in agreement with Anthony, but I mostly agree this time.

If foods are high in fat, try to limit the amounts you use. Use a little real mayo rather than a lot of the low-fat stuff.

And read labels - lots of the low-fat stuff has a ton of sugar. The same number of calories, but it doesn't make you feel full the way the high-fat stuff does.

2005 Trek 5.2 Madone, Red with Yellow Flames (Beauty)
199x Lemond Tourmalet, Yellow with fenders (Beast)

Read my cycling blog at http://riderx.info/blogs/riderx
Like climbing? Goto http://www.bicycleclimbs.com