View Single Post
Old 07-30-06, 09:33 AM
jimx200

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by allez
I resent those statements. Do you know what the word "liberal" means? It refers to people who are open to new behavior or opinions and willing to discard traditional beliefs or stereotypes that unfortunately run rampant in this country. Our conservative government are the people who are trying to ban gay marriage and kick people out of the country left and right. That doesn't sound very tolerant, does it? Were you one of the 8% of the African-American population that voted for Bush?

As a former "liberal", I came to realize the MOST intolerant and bigoted people all had one thing in common...they proclaimed to be liberal. It was their way of thinking or you are not enlightened, progressive, or you are a gay basher. They believe that all blacks, mexicans, etc. are alike in they cannot do it themselves and need affirmative action, need a lower level to pass minimum school test standards, and believe that their color is their cross to bear. Sorry, I am old enough to clearly see the liberal bastions of the country as they truly are: Kennedys, Boxer, Schummer, and don't forget Kerry (our very own, authentic War Hero), et all. Maybe time for an extended visit outside the US (a week in Cancun does'nt count) to get a bigger view of the universe.