-=(8)=-
♋ ☮♂ ☭ ☯

Bikes: Sngl Spd's, 70's- 80's vintage, D-tube Folder

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by N_C
As good of an idea as this sounds, too many people would see it as an infringment on their right to drive at what ever speed they please regardless of danger to others. Even though driving is a privilage, not a right. Also the liberals who would see it as "big brother" controlling what they do even if it would make things safe for others which would be intolerable, especially to the morons at the ACLU.
Those 'morons' at the ACLU are one of the reasons we are only partialy a fascist state today instead of wearing brown shirts and being forced to genuflect to images of Benny Hinn.
When people in charge of deciding these things have for any number of reasons or financial motiviations determined that the car is what we will base our society around, driving becomes a right, not a priviledge. When you (Govt.)determine this then limit operating abilities and create hardships it does become a rights issue. Since we are in the beginning throes of becoming a fascist state its too bad the ACLU doesnt have more power than they do. The way things are going there will probably be check points for fatherland security every mile or so, so you safety Neo-zi's might get your way after all.
The only thing intolerable to me is other people assuming I need someone to think for me and then legislate it.