blue_nose
Scottish Canuck in the US

Bikes: Trek 2100, Cervélo Carbon Soloist

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FrankBattle
When overtaking riders on expensive bikes and feeling all giddy with joy that you did something special, the joke may be on you as you have no idea how many miles they have in the legs at that point .. or whether the day's ride is just-for-fun.

The look on their faces as you pass may just be a startled look as bikes tend to be quiet especially when you throw in wind noise.

Is this more of a guy thing? What's with all this machismo about passing people and showing up folks on expensive bikes? My spin on the matter is that I am elated to see ANYONE out on ANY bike. HOWEVER, if you are on a mucho expensivo bike and your knees are at 90 degrees to the bike while pedaling, you should be shot on the spot and your bike donated to .. well, me, of course.
I agree. At least once or twice a week, I go out on my bike and go for a nice recovery spin. I never look at the speedometer and just focus on keeping my heart rate in the first zone.

During these rides I will get passed by people in other bikes. Many seemed chuffed to be “smoking me” if I happen to catch up to them at a stop light.

Unless you are actually racing somebody, I would never assume to be beating anyone or faster than they are.