View Single Post
Old 07-31-06, 08:47 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Nicely done. However, also note that you can drill a couple holes in the lower back side of the black rear spring-loaded clamp and use a couple zip ties to fasten a strap (or a double, for that matter) just in front of the holes on the underside of the pedal. Works like a charm and it's easy, with no hardware to come loose. The load isn't on the zip ties, so they don't break or do anything obnoxious. One can also mount the

I still prefer using SPD-R's, but getting shoes that accommodate them can be a pain. You do it using a toe clip loop, but simply run the adjustment bolt through the drilled out hole where the toe clip rivet used to be. No need to enlarge the hole or anything. If you prefer to have the strap farther forward (as I do) rather than looping behind the pedal and over your foot, I just get some 3/8" x 1/16" stainless strip from a hardware store and make a slightly shorter version of the toe clip end. (You can't just spin the toe strap end around because it tends to catch the back side of the axle housing and doesn't let you clip in properly).

This is a very nice design you have here.