Old 08-01-06, 01:51 PM
mr bill

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Just over a month ago I set off on my Europe tour (which I'm still on). My flight was with british airways, however I had a connecting flight from INdy to Chicago with American Eagle which I guess is more or less the same as AA. First off, I called twice in the weeks before I was supposed to set off asking if they would have boxes for my bike. BOth times the answer was yes. Then when I arrived at the airport, they looked at me quizzically and told me that they hadn't had bike boxes in years. I was a little panicked, unsure of what to do with the flight supposedly leaving shortly (it ended up being delayed). However, I was expecting an $80 charge, and was not charged at all for the bike, which was a pleasant surprise.

They ended up taking plastic bags intended for ski equipment, cutting them into sheets and taping them around my bike. They also put a smaller box around the handlebars. I promptly paid a couple of bucks to get extra ensurance on the bike should it get broken. When I arrived in aberdeen my bike did not arrive with me, I was quite worried. However, it arrived the next day in pretty much great condition (had to readjust a few things, didn't take long at all).