hill hater

Location: norton ohio 5.5 miles from center road tow path trail head

Bikes: cannondale t400 1987 model and a raleigh gran prix from 1973

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EnigManiac
I took the idea and adpated to what I thought would be a workable and functioning system wherein corporations would invest in the project, sponsor the construction of certain sections, retain the naming and advertising rights, but would cede ownership of the system itself to the city. The system could be installed to run adjacent or above the two primary north-south arteries (Don Valley Parkway & Highway 27 / 427) and joining an inner-city east-west route across Bloor St as it is the most logical downtown avenue that connects with both freeways. I believe that if corporate Canada were involved, there would be a greater chance of success. It's a bold vision; one that transforms the city rather dramatically if performed either small or large scale (large scale being additional routes out to the suburbs). The tubes could be solar-powered and would generate both its own power but also the power needed for traffic signals and street lights on the routes it is installed on.

Note, that the idea was proposed to the councilor but he quickly rejected it, without learning of the adaptations I proposed. His response was expected and I wan't surprised nor offended. The other ideas I suggested were readily accepted, however: signage over the right lane of all major routes that reads 'Bicycles entitled to full right lane. Pass in left lane only;' centralized bike lanes (down the centre of certain routes) and a Millenium Bike Station facility to be located downtown.
Well i know if they do build it ill be heading up that way for a visit. Even if for some reason i cant get ahold of a bike up there or bring mine id want to at least see it