Old 08-03-06, 11:34 AM
CrossChain

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Interesting question: If I install a chain (or any other component) "incorrectly" or in a way that causes damage to the frame or leads to frame failure........and it can be shown so........is the manufacturer liable for replacing the frame.

No lawyer here, but I am a consumer.....and if the maker wants to keep his PR and perception of reliability intact, he shouldn't quibble too much. I once took back and had K-2 replace 2 pairs of new skis for undulations that developed on the bases. They were "happy" to do so. I later concluded (thru intelligent speculation) the heat setting was malfunctioning on the iron I was using to wax the bases and I had damaged them myself. That was the probable cause, but I really don't know for sure. I think Specialized replacement policy is a marketing thing to assure those buyers who may have lingering doubts about cf's reliability that they won't be snookered if they "take a chance" on cf.

Frankly NOS88, I wouldn't go in with any speculation at all. After all, it really is speculation in this case. Just show your LBS and say, "The damn thing broke-- I could have been hurt."

Last edited by CrossChain; 08-03-06 at 11:40 AM.