View Single Post
Old 08-06-06, 07:20 AM
bike2math

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by twahl
I'm not getting this. Why is it that so many are saying that the driver should have not been out in the weather, the driver should have known there was black ice, the driver should have done this or that. Most curious is the driver shouldn't have been out, but somehow the cyclists should have been? What's that all about? Yes, this was a tragic accident, but hell, people that know more about the particular case, know more about the conditions, and more importantly have to be responsible for their decisions have come to the conclusion that the driver wasn't at fault. Oh I know, that's that rail around here, want to get away with killing someone do it in a car. Yeah. I know. Sometimes you can't blame someone when something bad happens, or at the least you can't just blame the person that survived. This premise of this thread is a load of crap. We all heard about the accident when it happened. I'm glad to have heard the verdict, but the context in which it was presented was piss-poor. There is a lesson to be learned hear, but nobody is going to touch it because we're all so busy being outraged because a driver that was involved in a cyclist's death wasn't strung up by his testicles and beaten with a chainwhip until he was dead.
I can't speak for everyone, but my outrage arises because this is another example of a poorly driven vehicle killing someone. Rather than hold the driver accountable for his inability to keep the machine operating correctly, we are expected to believe that god or some higher power intended for the cyclists to die at that moment and no act of man could have prevented it. BS!! The car driven slow enough, the car driven carefully enough would not have hti them. At any speed if he still hit them, he wasn't going slow enough.

We have a mentality that let's people get off with being idiots, and being killers, and that is outrageous.