View Single Post
Old 08-09-06, 08:33 AM
rule

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
You could write them a nice professional letter stating your particulars in terms of proximity to the company, emphasis upon dependability, reliability in terms of attendance, having back-up transportation, etc. That way, if the person who took the job flakes out, which happens quite a lot, you could still be in line for the position.

I think that you are lucky though that you learned what you did about the company up front. While I agree with the comments about what should and shouldn't be covered in an interview, going into this kind of detail was actually beneficial in terms of gauging their worthiness for you. If they actually spend time caring about how people get to work, I can only imagine what it would be like to work for them. They are probably psychotic and officious micromanagers about how you do your work. A lot of times the companies that pay more for their workers have to, and a key reason that they have to is because they can't keep anybody working there.

Workers trying to fix a company is tough enough, but makes for an especially bad fit when it comes right from the start of your employment. It would really suck to lose the job that you've got only to find this stuff out once you got there too. I would say that you may have just done a good job of successfully screening out a dysfunctional company.