Old 08-10-06, 03:23 PM
Lucky07
Ride 365

Bikes: '06 Cannondale Six 13 Pro 2, '05 Specialized Allez Elite, '04 Jamis Satellite, 90's Raleigh M-45 single speed conversion, 80's Fuji Team single speed conversion, 70's Schwinn World Sport

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jyossarian
I followed along, watching the 2nd cyclist repeatedly try to pass the 1st cyclist only to have the 1st cyclist do a standing sprint. This went on for 3-4 miles until I pulled off at my street. Last I saw they were still riding recklessly along a shared walking/cycling path w/ lots of kids, strollers, parents, dogs, etc. It was the stupidest bit of riding I'd seen in a while.
I see that alot on the Manhattan Greenway. People "training" in the most crowded spots at the busiest times. Genius.

Sometimes when another rider passes me it wakes me out of my slumber and I pick up the pace. But I'm not going to grab someone's wheel for any real distance without taking a turn pulling.

On the way to work this am, a guy passed me and immediately started operating like a ride leader. Pointing out hazards, giving hand signals to slow down. It was great and funny. We were poking along at 15mph in traffic and he was directing our 2 man peleton like a pro.

Last edited by Lucky07; 08-10-06 at 03:43 PM.