View Single Post
Old 08-15-06, 09:48 AM
Bekologist
totally louche

Bikes: the ever shifting stable loaded with comfortable road bikes and city and winter bikes

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts
just pulled back in yesterday from a 220 mile overnighter...I know, not a lot, but 85 miles of it or so were on gravel....

here's a photo of my trek 520, fully loaded for camping with a tarp, sleeping system, thermarest, bivybag, warm clothes, stove, pot, first aid, bear rope, and etc sundries as well as food and over a gallon of water for those hot and dusty days that are a long while between potable water....and a photo of my stealth camp pitch.

Rode from Seattle up the iron horse trail, thru Snoqualmie Pass tunnel (longest open to hikers/bikers in the USA) and over to Cle Elum, then up past Roslyn and ronald to camp on the hills above Cle Elum Lake. 110 miles, Monday, repeat back to Seattle but took the interstate for about an hour dropping off Snoq Pass back to North Bend and on into Seattle.

Light weight is a big improvement for overnighters. I will still pack more traditionally for longer trips, but this ultralight summer system really rocked!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
silversleeper.jpg (79.6 KB, 181 views)
File Type: jpg
520lighttour.jpg (96.9 KB, 213 views)