Old 08-16-06, 07:33 PM
sykerocker 

Bikes: The keepers: 1958 Raleigh Lenton Grand Prix, 1968 Ranger, 1969 Magneet Sprint, 1971 Gitane Tour de France, 1973 Raleigh Tourist, 3 - 1986 Rossins, and a '77 PX-10 frame in process.

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 221 Post(s)
Liked 237 Times in 129 Posts
Wish I had known about that one - back when I was looking, I hit about ten sellers who usually list the tool, only to find out that they were all out of stock and had no idea when the next shipment was coming in. At which point I turned to eBay.

The killer to this is that back around 1986, convinced that I was never going to mess with a bicycle again, I sold off all my specialized tools (including a lot of the Campagnolo stuff, VAR rethreaders for bottom brackets, etc.) to a kid taking his first decent paying job in a bicycle shop. Spent a lot of time last fall while tearing down the Raleigh to put it on the road kicking myself for being so stupid.

Of course, now I'm slowly rebuilding the tool box - again. Little purchases like the Stronglight tool I justify as penance for criminal stupidity. And I'm capable of being ham-handed enough that I absolutely will not make-do with a makeshift substitute.

Syke
Deranged Few M/C