Old 08-17-06, 08:44 PM
Kenal0

Bikes: Giant OCR 2, Flyte SRS 2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mpd224
I don't know how long it's been since they have not been returning phone calls or e-mails. However, I know that they have laid off some of their employees and the past couple of time that I have been in there they have been a two man operation. I would think that it would be difficult to shut down a 15,000 sq. ft. warehouse and prepare all of the inventory to either sale or move to an alternate location, not to mention all of the metal racks, office furniture and all other warehouse type items that are involved. If he has a deadline to be out of the warehouse, there is not much time to chit chat on the phone and return e-mails. Time is money. Trust me if I was in your shoes I would be upset as well. Also, I am pretty sure that Jamie had a staff that answered phones, e-mails and posted on forums for him. If those guys are no longer there, it's kind of hard to do. I have no affiliation with Flyte at all, however put yourself in Jamie's shoes. It has to be pretty hard to have a successful business and dream that he has put a lot of hours, blood, sweat and tears into and then turn around and have to take these actions. If you want to give up on Flyte that is your perogative. If not, try to give them a week or two and attempt contact again.
I think a very simple statement on the website would have gone a long way. Knowing one way or the other is better than not knowing. I love my SRS-2 and had a very pleasant experience buying from them. I hope they can survive and get up and running but if they need to keep their rep for great service, they need to start now. A new business with no customers is not a great start. I am not upset with Flyte, I feel bad because I think they had a good concept that just did not fit the market.
Kenal0