View Single Post
Old 08-19-06, 10:44 PM
HDavidH
David H.

Bikes: 92 Koga-Myata road bike, 07' Gunnar Rockhound 29'er mtb, 06' Kona Cinder Cone 69'er Gravel Bike, Windsor 8 spd IGH steel commuter, 99' Trek 520 tourer, Minnesota 1.0 Fatbike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by wesman790
I'm looking to get back into cycling, and the Ibex X-Ray Sport has caught my eye. I like it because it looks as though it is capable of being good on road and off, though I will probably be more likely to ride on road. Does anyone have any experience with this bike? I'm not too concerned about the assembly on the bike. I'd appreciate any input. Thanks.

http://www.ibexbikes.com/Bikes/X-RAY-SPT-Details.html
I have an Apogee MTB and a Aprisa Elite Roadie from Ibex. My Apogee did not come with the advertised rear shock but rather some off-brand made in China thing that would not hold a charge from my shock pump. I replaced it with a Fox Vanilla and no other problems. Great folks to deal with. I love both bikes.
The thing is the level of components you get for your money (my one strange anomoly aside) and that is where Ibex truly shines.

My Aprisa is a 17.8 pound wonder (added a carbon post, seat and handle bar) that is quite a racer. Much more bike than this beginner can fully utilize yet. Full Ultegra components, neuvation wheels that are weightless (grin).

Good luck!