carless
Fatties Fit Fine

Bikes: Bianchi (2), Surly w/ couplers, REI tourer, Giant OCR Touring

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by I-Like-To-Bike
Nothing ironic at all. You were being a ---- and were called on it. If you find anything incorrect or negative about my previous comment, state what it is instead of sly innuendo that you may think is clever but is just so much hot air.

I've read the postings of those who claim to be car-free on this forum and with only one or two exceptions, my description of their status (no current dependents requiring daily reliable transportation) is accurate. It also is the key, along with location, and associated access to reliable public transportation, to the practicality of living car free in most of the US.
This was a thread about people who don't post, but realize they have an option to driving. Some people thought they were "disqualified" by using a car to post. The truth is if you don't use a car in an auto-based society it's hard. It does get easier, and it's rewarding. But use our experience and learn about other riders success.
There are no rules for being car-free, and certaintly the conditions you mention make it less challenging. But you have grouped riders together and pronouced a result: you need these things to do it. That might be the case in your town, at this moment. Offer a helpful suggestion, find an interesting web link, or start a thread about your views concerning people who ride instead of drive.