FarHorizon
Senior Curmudgeon

Bikes: Varies by day

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Originally Posted by bkaapcke
...Try to work a deal where you just sell them for him and get a cut of the dough. That way, you wouldn't have to move and store them. Yeah, he wants his warehouse space, but why did he store them all these years only to be in a big hurry now?...
The owner is in no hurry at all. He'd be happy to sit on them for another 40 years. His warehouse space is of low priority to him just now (although his employees are eager to recover the warehouse space). The owner's currently offering the bikes at retail for 50% of the list 1970's price, plus tax with no takers. I believe I can move his inventory and plan to make that offer to him. That way, I can do it at my pace. This model makes more sense than me having to buy, move the inventory, and rent new warehouse space. All I'll need to add is a tax number. With a copy of the 1970's catalogs, I can scan, get specs, and write descriptions for posting. I think the children's bikes would be good pre-Christmas items.

I'll keep youse gals & guys posted as to what I have as I get it, assuming the owner likes my proposal. Thanks so much for the good (and prompt) feedback - you have earned your "first chance" at the inventory!

Last edited by FarHorizon; 08-22-06 at 05:30 PM.