View Single Post
Old 08-24-06, 12:30 PM
BigCatDaddy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi Mat

Nevis was a blast. Time now down to 1 hr 36 min (kind of bummed---was aiming for 1.5 hr or less. I flogged the swim. Tough thing to swallow is I was in the pool and lake all summer with TI technique and made little swimming time improvement other than endurance. I was much more fit this year and my time likewise improved. Congrats on your times.

Mine (estimates)
swim 14+ min (man was I slow)
bike 45+ min
run 30+ min
plus t1 and t2

I hired a local college coach to review my TI drills and review my technique quarterly over the next year and also review video of my stroke I send her. I'll be at a 9 min swim or less, even if it kills me. Aiming to go sub 40 on the bike and near 25 on the run. Gonna go to Buffalo, MN again next spring and will be doing the Detroit Lakes Tri (about a 1/2-2/3 Olympic distance) the week after Nevis next year.

Let the winter training games begin!!! The code word this year will be endurance, endurance, endurance.

As the prior poster has said...the best investment you can make is in your engine. By next spring, mine will be lugging around 20 less pounds.

Heard of the Tri in Walker, Minn? Canoe, Mt. bike, run? I'm gonna take a stab at that also.