Old 08-24-06, 01:36 PM
rydaddy
Type 1 Racer

Bikes: A dozen or so.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Ken's is awesome. I went there the other day (actually Ken was the guy that helped me). They didn't have the right frame size for a test ride though. I was interested in the Raleigh Cadent, and supposedly they are putting a bike together just for me to test ride. I'm still not sure what I want though. I also went to the Giant/Trek dealer (not sure of the name). They were very helpful and nice, although they did not measure me for a fit. I test rode the Trek 1000 and the Giant OCR 1 there. The shop that I'm not too thrilled about is the Specialized/Felt/Cannondale dealer across the street. They always seem too busy with the bigshots to help out a guy in street clothes. They wouldn't even take time to fit me. C'mon, do you want to sell a bike or not? I will take my business elsewhere.

I think I'm going to make a trip to Sac and take a look at Mike's Bike's. I want to try the Specialized Allez Sport before I make a final decision. Hopefully I get something soon. How do you like the Trek 1500? I like that one but slightly out of my price range. Right now the front runner is the Giant OCR 2.

Hey do you ever ride XC? That's one thing I miss about being in the Bay Area.... lots of hills/trails/etc. I do plan on exploring the foothills at some point though.